Thursday, September 07, 2006

my phone fell into the pot.

there's no other way to tell it than that. plain and simple. it jumped right out of my hand and plopped right into the pot. that too the office pot. not my harpic-clean, gleaming-white, 100% germ-free, cleaned by OCD-me, home pot. but the slightly yellowing, bacteria-infested, cleaned by unclean men, office pot.

as it lay there drowing at the bottom of the pot, its lights flickered hopelessly.
help. it shouted. HELP.
all i could see were bubbles that rose sadly to the surface.

should i put my hand in there? should i use the potty brush to bring it out? or should i just let it go? flush it down?

as i looked down at it, trying to make up my mind, it looked back up at me, its screen pleading, its lights fading slowly...i didn't have the heart to let it die. it had all those numbers of people i loved and hated. it had all those lovely messages i had saved. it had my movie list. it even had my pan number. i realised i needed it more than ever. i couldn't let it go. not so soon. not this way.

i took a deep breath, i held the potty brush and skillfully manuvered it out. with the other hand, i grabbed some tissues and held it firmly. victory!
not a drop of potty water touched me.

when i went home i gave it a savlon bath and then took one myself. actually i took two. and just thinking about it makes me want to take a third.

12 comments:

Queenmatrai said...

Ha ha

Such a funny incident

Potty phone

lol

Rishabh said...

This is the same fear i have each time i am doing the job, playing snake on my antique nokia 3310. thanks for giving me a preview.

yes, i still have that phone.

and i love it. so if i were in your shoes (or loo), i would put my hand right in the shithole, overcoming every obstacle in the way and yank it out.

reading your OCD blog, it makes me wonder whether you will be cleaning your hands each time you touch your own phone too.

Neha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Neha said...

ahahahaha!! i knew the story and now am laughing all over again, it's called potty karma!!

:) said...

there is no way i'm going to use that phone. the problem is all my numbers are embedded in there...so i need it...

± said...

hahahaha.... yeh sab tere saath kyon hota hai?
so that means you will make a back up for all your phone data now?
in case of future mishaps of this kind...

but just curious, what exactly were you doing in such close proximity with that unclean pot brandishing your phone... was someone on the line when it went in?

once again said...

[gasp]

its my WORST fear ever. My phone has been almost all over, down the stairs, in puddles, in the swimming pool, it even fell off the 2nd floor once. - sigh -

but the potty throne is the ultimate destination.

- barf -

on a brighter note, u get to buy a new phone. which one which one !?

perky pink pirate said...

i love potty phones... it's like little tatti blocks but talking....

: )

Spazsim Chasm said...

shit... no pun intended... that sucks... my heart skips a beat if my phone so much as slips out of my hand... i cannot imagine it falling into the pot..eeesh...

Minal said...

Ha ha

Saturday Night Takeout said...

Fun fun funny.

And apparently a whole bunch of women who have a million potty stories. Whoda thunk it?

Nice post. Thanks for the laughs.

Ajeya said...

your phone is water resistant?