Wednesday, March 21, 2007

She walked down the parking lot, the tick-tock of her heels echoing loudly. Her hair was perfectly done, not a strand out of place. She wore a suit and pearl earrings, carried a file of important papers and a no nonsense attitude, and talked on her mobile phone officiously. Tock-tock-tock-tock went her shoes. Tock-tock-tock.
From the other end of the corridor, I half-ran towards my car, already late for a meeting. Fachak-fachack-fichak went my chappals, my hair flew wildly into my face, momentarily blinding me, my t-shirt rode up my growing midriff and my jeans felt too tight. I juggled with my bag, my water bottle, the car keys, my mobile phone, a large bundle of un-ironed dhobhi clothes and my nerves.

10 comments:

nowheregirl said...

i hate pearls n chappals are so much more comfortable :)

Neha said...

" ...my t-shirt rode up my growing midriff and my jeans felt too tight."

i refuse to believe that, :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Citrus said...

Loved the play.

Spazsim Chasm said...

Awesome. Felt like me :( I'm always late and juggling eveything in one hand and running towards the lift...

Next time... Trip the tick-tock chick :)

Anonymous said...

Hey that sounds like me ...

NOT the one with the pearls!

Monika said...

he he that was good to read... i feel like u a lot of times, even grabbing my breakfast in the car at times

Unknown said...

that was really great to read :-). i just happened upon ur blog.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.