Friday, June 23, 2006

i have become my mother.
its true.

all the things she used to do around the house that used to annoy me, i now do myself.
she'd wake up at seven (or even six) and put away the cutlery. i wake up at 7 and cook.
she'd keep nagging me to hang my towel out to dry. now i nag my brother.
she'd sit down under the fan sweaty and tired after cooking and ask for a glass of cold water. (this didn't bug me, its just an observation) i do the same.
she'd tell me managing the house makes you great with time management. i now believe the same.
she'd always be clearing glasses and bottles and plates. ditto.


it is amazing how much we absorb without realising it.
does that mean that all children end up atleast somewhat like their parents?

6 comments:

Queenmatrai said...

Wow this must be my lucky week...30 is actually updating the blog often - WOWIE

And u know what about becoming like our mothers...we can run but we can't hide ;)

~noojie

Saturday Night Takeout said...

Good to see you back :)



Pi

n said...

"she'd keep nagging me to hang my towel out to dry. now i nag my brother.
she'd always be clearing glasses and bottles and plates. ditto."

yeesh. me too. these two exact things. (shakes head in wonderment).
When did this happen?

:) said...

i have to add to the list. yesterday i caught myself drying clothes in the living room (monsoon and lack of space) and this morning, i picked the peach that was starting to look rotten.

n, it happens one morning i think. just like that.

Andrea said...

The second I said to my son "if I see you do that one more time, I'm selling you to the FIRST set of gipsy's that come by" I had to sit down at the surealness of the moment

aint it grand, to become "our mothers"

scary

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info 10 dvd media player watch Cetaphil skin care products pissing her diaper Drug blood pressure cozaar Adult funny cartoon 5bics buy a canon ppc 650 digital camera Auto canada high in ins